Saturday, September 26, 2009

Quilt-A-Fair Revisited

OK, here's photos of the various quilting-related stash I acquired at Quilt-A-Fair.  I found some GREAT stuff!!  I am collecting 5" charm packs to use for a tumbler quilt I'm planning.

I was excited to see one of my favorite vendors, Pincushion Boutique, from Davis, CA once again.  They have what they call 'sweet treats' - packets of 8 color-coordinated fat quarters.  They also have quilt patterns especially designed to work with the sweet treats, along with a coordinating border, binding, and backing fabric.  This time, I found the gorgeous fabrics on the left, I believe they are from one of the Imperial Gardens fabric collections.  I chose one of their patterns to go with this sweet treat.  I also picked out three other sweet treats--two are batiks for a batik quilt I'm planning, the other one (the oranges) for a sunflower/autumn quilt I got the pattern for a few weeks ago.  Their fabrics and the way they put them together is just yummy!

At the vendor from Brooklyn, NY, Come Quilt With Me,  I found some very nice templates--one is for a mini tumbler quilt, the other for one of my favorite blocks--Card Trick.  The other item is from Whistlepig Creek Productions, located in Arvada, CO (suburb of Denver).   The tote bag is just adorable in person.  She had models of a couple of these bags--the top right one with the cat photo really caught my eye.  She said that particular kitty passed away recently at the age of 19!  It would be fun to do a simiilar tote with a photo transfer of my Oreo Cookie kitty (she is my 'helping' kitty who always tries to help me sew, grab my threads, steals my thimbles, etc,).

From 1-3 pm. my DH helped out with the 'hospitality'--taking a cart of ice and water around to the vendors.  While he was busy with that, I continued shopping.  One vendor I don't remember seeing before, Glenda Sha, who designs as Liberty Homestead, from Kingsville, MO, really caught my eye!  She designs all sorts of quilts, wall hangings, pillows, stitchery, banners, placemats, etc.  I absolutely couldn't make up my mind, and ended up with three of her books!  She designs using cotton fabric, flannels, wool applique, embroidery 'colored' with delicate marker colors or crayons...some very cool items!


One of the highlights of her booth was the lucious hand-dyed cotton fabrics she dyes and sells!  It is also called 'sueded cotton' and is in a variety of wonderful solid colors.  I purchased a couple yards of tans for use as backgrounds, a fat quarter package, a scrap pack of wool, a packet of wools for projects in one of the books, and a fat quarter of a very nice flannel. 

Still more to show, but I'll save that for another post.  I also need to take a couple more photos to share.  Looking at all this new stash, I think I better get busy stitching!  Unfortunately, I also need to get busy working on the October edition of the Guild newsletter.   

Happy Stitching! 

Vicki in CO

2 comments:

Nancy M said...

Looks like you hit the jackpot! I don't quilt and I am drawn in by the fabrics in stores when they have them all coordinated for quilting. They always look so pretty that way!

Rene la Frog said...

Beautiful fabrics. You will be really busy with all that stash.