Tuesday, September 8, 2009

I'm Baaaackkk!!!!

Hi Everyone!  I can hardly believe it has been over a year since I updated my blog. Life certainly gets in the way of fun. Only a day back on the ILCS list and I feel like I've come 'home'---so great to see all those familiar names. I didn't realize how much I was missing everyone! Wow!

This past year, life has centered around getting back to the routine of working full time, and coping with the chronic pain from my back injury.

In January, I decided I needed to get out and DO something again, so I re-joined the local Quilt Guild, That has kept me busy, since I have been newsletter editor this year. I've taken several classes through the Guild and have learned some fun new quilting things.
We have spent lots of time and money on our home this past year...lots of new landscaping and flowers, new garage door and opener, interior and exterior paint, new storage shed, new desk for my office/sewing room, and on and on.....I'm great at supervising these projects, but the majority of the physical labor falls on my sweet hubby.
We have a new fur baby... a golden retriever we named Murphy. He was born on December 14, 2008. He is such an energetic, fun addition to our family! I did obedience training with him this spring and he graduated Puppy Class on April 22.

I will post more photos in my photo area when I get a chance. Meanwhile, I can't wait to get back to doing some cross stitching again! I am in the process of finishing up a lap-sized quilt from a class I took on Saturday; still need to do the borders and binding. I'll post photos once it's complete.

Till next time....Happy Stitching!

1 comment:

Nancy M said...

So good to see you back in the group too! The puppy is adorable and Carolyn in NC has one just like him called Montana, you should check out her blog. She had an amusing one about him just recently! I might have to get some help on how to work with blogger. I opened an account and can't figure out how to customize it at all. Guess I'm too familiar with Multiply. I just keep all my blogger friends on my *reader* list.