Friday, June 25, 2010

It's Been a Very Long Time

So much has happened since I posted last.  First off, no, DH has not found another job as of yet.  He had an interview two weeks ago for one that would be perfect--full time middle school math tutor at a charter schools here in town.  It's just a few blocks from our house and would be just the job for him.  We've been anxiously waiting to hear something.

STITCHING UPDATES

I have managed a little stitching since I posted last, but actually not very much, considering my last post was May 5 and today is June 25! 

Oakhaven Months SAL (I haven't done June yet)
Spring Sampler SAL - Page One Complete

Bittersweet Moon by Blackbird Designs
for Blackbird Designs Summer SAL


HAED Dragon Luck SK SAL
(I've made further progress since this
photo was taken)

TUSAL - 5/21/10
(More than a month late posting this!)
Also, I could have sworn I took
a mid-June photo of my TUSAL

I have one more start, but don't have a photo yet.  It's "Frugal Samplings" by Waxing Moon Designs. 
I'm doing 'Use It Up.'  It will look like this when it's finished: 

I've just made a smalls start on the top left border so far.


GARDEN PRETTIES

Our yard is full of beautiful blooms of all varieties.  I can't help myself, but I'm out snapping photos nearly every day!  So, I'll share some of them with you.


Bouquet of Roses from my Garden
that I brought to work last week:




\



A few of these next photos are late blooming tulips from our front yard.







I'll save photos of the vegetable garden for next time. 


ILCS SUMMER EXCHANGE

I participated in a recent exchange on the ILCS Yahoo group.  You were supposed to stitch an ornament that representated summer to you for your partner in the exchange.  Here's the ornie I received from Emily:


Wonder how she knew how much I love flowers?  :)

To me, summertime always means watermelon, so here's the ornie I did for Emily:


A fun exchange.....

THERE'S A NEW FROG IN TOWN....

Several weeks ago, I received the cutest card and my very own thread picker from Lisa.  Isn't this frog adorable?!



I liked him so well, I ordered several from her.  They should be arriving soon...can't wait to see what she's come up with.

This entry has gone on and on and on, and I haven't even said anything about Mother's Day, our trip over Memorial Day, and so many other things.  Guess those will have to wait for another time.

I'm so close to 75 followers.  I've decided once I get to 75, I'll host another giveaway, so stay tuned.

Until next time,
Happy Stitching!

Vicki in CO


19 comments:

Gillie said...

Lots of hugs, Vicki, and prayers for DH and the perfect job for him. We were in a similar postion last year - it's character building, one could say!

Anne Sans Tete said...

Gorgeous garden, gorgeous stitching!! Do you know what kind of flower the one in the last pic is? The purpley-stripey one- it's so pretty!

I hope you like your new frogging needles- they're in the mail somewhere!!!

I'll keep my toes crossed for your husband. I, too, am a teacher, and I have been unemployed for over a year. Here's hoping he lands that perfect job!!!

- Lisa N.

Emily in NC said...

Could you have possibly posted more flower pictures?? I really liked seeing your garden. That first photo of your two dogs was really cute.

Katrien said...

Your garden is gorgeous! Lovely stitching, the ornies are just beautiful.
I hope your DH gets the job.

Mel said...

The flowers are awesome Vicki!

Your stitching is looking lovely.

I do hope your DH finds a job soon. Each day that passes means he has to be closer to finding one!

staci said...

Keeping my fingers crossed that your hubby gets that job!

All your stitching is lovely. And wow, your flowers are gorgeous! That must be a wonderful place to stitch (when it's not as hot out as it's been!)

Marissa said...

Beautiful stitching Vicki! I´m glad you posted again.
Marissa in Mexico
ILCS
:)

MaryT said...

Hope your DH gets good news soon about his job. Love your stitching and the flowers are beautiful

Deb said...

I hope that something comes up real soon for your husband's job situation. Love all your starts and your flowers are absolutely gorgeous!!

htimcj said...

WOnderful stitching and garden!
heidi-ILCS

Nancy M said...

Nice flowers, I think those of us in cold climates take more photos since they don't last all that long and we can remember what they look like when covered with the white stuff!!!Same goes for the stitching....less done during the summer to enjoy the weather. Your watermelon exchange piece is adorable!!!!

Shelley said...

I'm still keeping my toes crossed that DH gets that awesome job!

Love all of your stitchy and flower pics. Thanks for sharing.

I look forward to your next blog update.

Have a safe 4th of July weekend!!

Meari said...

That frog picker is adorable!

So sorry DH didn't get the job. It's tough out there! I've applied for TONS of jobs and only heard back from 2. :(

Beautiful flowers... I have to ask: Do you like flowers? ;)

Bette said...

Your flowers are gorgeous. And your stitching is very pretty. Hope your DH finds something real soon.

Meari said...

I don't know how I missed this post!

Your flowers are beautiful. I am jealous. Nice stitching, too.

Hope DH finds something soon. Keeping fingers crossed.

omashee aka Barb said...

Dear Vicki, I do hope you read your blog comments occasionally. I miss your posts!! Hope you and hubby are well. Would really love to see your beautiful yard & flowers now that summer is past.
Hugs, Barb

Vicki in CO said...

Barb:

Thanks so much. I'm still alive, but just haven't been stitching, blogging or much else. Hopefully by next fall life will slow down a bit and I'll have more time.

mdgtjulie said...

Hi Vicki. I've been browsing stitchy blogs and found you through Nancy M. I know it's been a long time since you posted, but I thought I'd leave a comment anyways. Your yard looks gorgeous. I love all your flowers. I wish I could grow that many. I have a small balcony, and that's it. This year, I have petunias, morning glories, and celosia. That's it. They're all pretty though, lol. Hope you're doing well.

WendyJo said...

Keeping good thoughts and saying prayers that your DH finds a job very soon Vicki.

I enjoyed seeing all the lovely flowers! So very pretty.