Saturday, October 3, 2009

Stitching Updates for the Week

Several years ago, Alycia, a quilter from our local Guild, Pieceable Friends, decided to work with fifth grade students at an area school on quilts for Quilts of Valor.  Read a local newspaper article about her efforts and also more information about the Quilts of Valor Foundation. Last year, over 700 quilts were delivered to Fort Carson, in Southern Colorado, for wounded soldiers.  This is an ongoing project for our Guild.

I finished up stitching on the binding for a QOV quilt yesterday on our adventure to Denver:

I currently have one more quilt to get binding made, sewn on, and stitched down.  I hope to get that all completed next week.

I also started a new stitching project, a Snowman Welcome Banner for our son's entryway.  Hopefully I'll get it stitched before Christmas!

I've made a small start on this one; hope to see more progress this weekend.


Several yars ago I completed the cross stitch on a Hummel design, "Ring Around the Rosie."  The intention was for this to be a retirement gift for one of my staff at work (she collects Hummel figurines).  We have worked together for almost 20 years. 

Anyway, last year she took her retirement, but continued working for me in a part-time position, so I decided to wait to give it to her until she fully retires.  Well, that time sounds like it is coming before the end of this year, so the pressure is on to get the backstitching finished and get this framed!  Yikes!  I am not a huge fan of backstitching!  Here is how the design looks at the moment:


That's my stitching updates for the moment.

Happy Stitching!

Vicki in CO

1 comment:

Meari said...

The quilt looks beautiful! Your stitching is great, too. Better hurry on the backstitching :)