Thursday, September 10, 2009

Another Week Almost Over

I played around with Blogger a year ago; decided this time maybe I'll change to it instead of the Multiply site for blogging.  The only thing I don't like so far is the inability to have photo albums...have to think about that a while.  Blogger does seem more flexible in other ways though.

Wanted to show everyone the goodies I got in the mail today from 1-2-3 Stitch, and also a clearance find from yesterday at Hobby Lobby.  I couldn't resist the 2008 and 2009 Prairie Schooler Santas and I just love the Lizzie Kate Giggle Boxers...it says "You can touch the dust...but please don't write in it!"  If anyone has been to my house, they can definitely relate to that! 
Here is a photo of my lap quilt in progress.  It has 12 Ohio Star blocks (a very simple quilt block). The quilt was made for a class on a quilt-as-you-go technique by Beth Donaldson from her Block by Block book that is now out of print.  The class was taught by a friend in the Quilt Guild I belong to.  I still need to assemble, quilt the borders, attach them and then bind the quilt.   I hope to have this all finished up by next Tuesday night's Guild meeting; we'll see how productive I am this weekend.
I also hope to get busy with the Kustom Kraft September Mystery Stitch.  It is a very cute butterfly and flower design that goes on a gift bag.  If you're interested in this, it's not too late to join her Yahoo group and get in on this free design.  I really like Dyan's designs.
Here is one very small finish from this spring.  This little wall hanging has been on the wall in my office at work.  Time to work on October I think!!

That's about it for today.  Looking forward to a great weekend.  Happy Stitching!

8 comments:

Carissa said...

Vicki, Love that little wall hanging and your quilt is amazing. Both my Mom and Sister quilt and I hope to someday learn myself.

Congrats on the new stash.

Katrien said...

Your quilt is beautiful. Lovely new stash :)

Rene la Frog said...

Love the quilt. Wish I had room to do something like that but our place is so tiny I barely have room for my xs stash. Nice new stash.

I find Blogspot much easier to use also and I have my pictures in Webshots (also easier than Multiply I think)

Cyndi said...

Love your puppy! We have a golden also, just under a year old. And great stash! It's always a good thing to go stash shopping.
I prefer blogger also, it just seems eaier to me.

Carolyn NC said...

Welcome to Blogger, Vicki! I can truly say it's so easy to navigate that I just love it. You might want to consider a slideshow of all of your pieces to the side or maybe a link to your pics in your Multiply IMHO. Love your new stash and your finish!

Carolyn NC said...

PS - Murphy is soooo adorable!

Nancy M said...

Nice new stash! It may just get you back in the mood to stitch. I just picked up the new PS Santa this weekend too. I have them all.

Meari said...

Nice stash, Vicki. Your projects look wonderful.